This course presents a systematic approach to human resources management in the hospitality industry. Students will analyse contemporary issues and practices, as well as employment laws that have an impact on the way people are managed.
Managing Hospitality Human Resources
- Employee disability.
- Job analysis and job design.
- Forecasting labour demand and internal and external recruiting.
- Computer-based Human Resource Information System (HRIS).
- Recruitment and selection of hospitality employees.
- Employee orientation programmes.
- Employee training.
- Performance appraisals.
- Effective incentive programmes.
- Labour relations.
- Grievance and grievance procedures.
- Occupational Health and Safety.
- Components and benefits of an employee assistance program (EAP).
- Sources and consequences of workplace stress, HIV/AIDS, depression, workplace smoking, and wellness programs.
- The hospitality industry’s turnover problem and methods for reducing turnover.
- Approaches to employee discipline.
- Dismissal in an employee discipline program.
- Ethical issues in business and human resources management.