This module examines the development and implementation of a marketing plan. Various approaches are considered in the sale of rooms and food and beverage services to business and leisure travellers, travel agents, and meeting planners. The importance of Global Distribution Systems (GDS), digital channels and other technologies are considered as important elements in the distribution of the hospitality product.
Hospitality Sales and Marketing
- Trends that affect marketing and sales in the hospitality industry.
- The key steps of a marketing plan.
- Duties and responsibilities of positions typically found in a hotel marketing and sales office.
- The presentation sales call.
- Effective telephone communication
- Internal marketing and sales.
- Advertising, public relations, and publicity.
- Meeting the needs of business travellers, leisure travellers, travel agencies, meeting planners
- Marketing hospitality products and services to international travellers, honeymooners, sports teams, and government travellers.
- Trends affecting the food and beverage industry, positioning strategies and techniques for restaurants and lounges.
- Hotel marketing and sales of catered events and meeting rooms.