A Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for the entire Food & Beverage Operation of a Hospitality establishment. They forecast, plan and control the ordering of food and beverages, as well as oversee the overall running of the restaurants, bars, stores, kitchens and all staff in the Food & Beverage areas. They are responsible for implementing financial controls and managing Budgets in this area.
Working at a food and beverage establishment requires innovation, dedication and discipline. Competent managerial staff who have operational experience, skill and the knowledge to manage food and beverage establishments, are in-demand globally.
Diploma in Food & Beverage Operations Management with AHLEI Recognition
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the hospitality industry and its contribution to the national and global economy.
- Plan, implement and evaluate the operational, administrative and technological aspects relating to the provision of food and beverage in the context of commercial food service operations in the hospitality industry.
- Plan and implement procurement processes in commercial food service operations in the hospitality industry.
- Develop and maintain food safety practices and processes in commercial food service operations in the hospitality industry.
- Evaluate systems and processes employed in the management and upkeep of the physical establishment.
- Apply human resource management strategies aimed at meeting the needs of the hospitality business.
- Evaluate financial statements, processes and controls aimed at improving the overall performance of the hospitality business.
- Function effectively and ethically as a responsible business manager who contributes to the economic welfare of the hospitality business and the economy.