The ability to successfully manage the operations in a hospitality business requires knowledge of hospitality functions, operations and the managerial aspects associated with a hospitality business.
Operational areas include food service, accommodation, housekeeping, events, facilities and finance. Learning in the operational areas are supported by modules focussing on business management, human resource management, project management, marketing and guest relations.
This would ensure graduates are developed with the competence to manage all operations in the hospitality industry.
Bachelor of Business Administration in Hospitality Operations Management
- Knowledge of Financial Management, Accounting Principles and Statistics for Business
- Knowledge of the hospitality industry and its services, operations, and practices, with the use of technology
- The ability to apply management principles and practices to plan and manage operations effectively in a hospitality business.
- To apply strategic management principles to support growth and sustainability in a hospitality business.
- The ability to apply project management principles to achieve objectives within a hospitality operational environment.
- An understanding of research principles and conduct basic research.